Welcome to SGA’s Live Virtual Classes!
Virtual Classes begin Monday, May 4th.
No class on Memorial Day – May 25 (tuition for Monday classes is prorated to account for only 3 classes in the month)
No class June 29th + 30th
To join your Live Virtual Class, follow the steps outlined below.
Step 1: Login into your SGA Customer Account in the location that is hosting your Live Virtual Class, by entering your username and password. Please note: Your Live Virtual Class may be hosted at a different location than your home gym, please verify you are logged into the correct location.
Step 2: Once you are logged into your customer account, view the lesson plan uploaded by the coach under “Class Documents” before each class and gather any props / equipment requested for that week’s virtual class.
Step 3: From the homepage, click on the Virtual Class Link provided under “Upcoming Classes”.
Step 4: Once you have clicked the link, the virtual class will automatically open in a new web browser. Please enter the student’s name before entering the Live Virtual Class. SGA’s Live Virtual Classes are hosted through Amazon Chime or Zoom.
Please note: Amazon Chime for the web currently supports Chrome and Firefox. For other browsers click the “simple screen share viewer” link on the login page for further instruction.
Please note: Zoom requires the coach(es) to accept you into the virtual class after clicking “Join”. This may take a few minutes, please be patient and wait in the cue until the coach gives you permission to join.
Step 5: Enjoy your Live Virtual Class and get #SGAStrong at home!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our Member Services Team!
Troubleshooting Tips and Tricks:
- Video calls work better through the specified applications. Example: Downloading the Zoom App will provide a higher quality experience with less picture lag, and better audio, when compared to using an Internet browser i.e. Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Safari browser does not support the audio function for video calls and is not recommended for use.
- Make sure you are in close proximity to your modem/router during the call. Having as few barriers as possible between you and the modem/router will help improve the amount of bandwidth you receive.
- Turning Wi-fi off for devices not being used in your house, during the video call, will ensure you are getting the most of your provided bandwidth.
- The bandwidth for video calls is a suggested download speed of at least 20Mbps for a group of more than 2 participants. Upload speeds are suggested to be no less than 5Mbps. The “Ping” rate should read at or under 30ms. Want to know your bandwidth speeds? Click Here and select “Go” to find out.
- Restarting your modem can improve internet speeds in your home significantly. Disconnect the power to your modem, wait 30 seconds, then reconnect power to the modem. This should be done at least once a week to ensure optimal modem performance. When the modem powers back up, give the modem between 5-10 minutes to be functioning at its highest bandwidth dispersal rate.
- Restarting your device i.e. iPad, laptop, desktop, tablet, or cell phone can fix a number of issues.
- Some devices will work better than others for video calls. If you are having a number of issues with your device, it is recommended to try using another device if one is available.