Lead Special Events Gymnastics Coach / Coordinator – Ballard
At Seattle Gymnastics Academy, we operate programs under three types of categories: Play, Learn and Compete. Our Special Events Coordinators specialize in Play programming, offering one-of-a-kind experiences for kids and their families; facilitating events like Birthday Parties, Parents’ Night Out and Camps. We believe gymnastics can be enjoyed and is beneficial for anyone – including kids stepping in for the first time, just to have some fun!
As the Lead Events Coach / Coordinator, you will help guide a small team of more junior Special Event coaches, leading by example and providing clear direction for their execution at Play events.
This role would be great for someone who enjoys working with kids (being a positive figure is a must) and someone who would like to execute our established Play events in accordance with SGA’s mission, core values, policies & procedures. This is a great opportunity to work around kids in a positive, inclusive, and fun environment.
Please note this role requires availability on weekends, and certain evenings.
- Flexible schedules – we prioritize a work/life balance.
- Competitive pay & comprehensive benefits package, which includes health insurance, Health Savings Account, 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Paid Time Off, Paid Family Leave and more!
- Paid training – we offer customized training based on your learning style. We have a comprehensive training program that will set you up for success.
- Multiple Seattle locations – Ballard, Columbia City, Lake City and Burien.
- An energetic work environment with plenty of opportunities for career growth.
Special Events Coordinators are responsible for:
- Teaching in our Special Events department means you play an important role in driving business beyond our typical gymnastics programs. A successful Special Events Coordinator will keep an eye on event enrollment and opportunities, asking for support where needed, and also maintain a fresh perspective on event execution and new ideas.
- Communicating with SGA customers before, during, and after events to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Providing a fun, positive experience for event participants. Most events include guiding participants through accessible gymnastics-based activity (we have an excellent training program to support you). Events like Parents’ Night Out and camps will include a game or craft, while Birthday Parties include overseeing time in the party room.
- Participating in one-off community events, such as parades, farmer’s markets, or other events put on by local cities / neighborhoods where we can connect directly with our community and help them learn about SGA.
- Participating in our paid training opportunities. This can include our SGA University courses, USA Gymnastics clinics, sessions offered by our in-house SGA trainers, and more!
- Assist in light cleaning duties to keep our gyms fresh and ready for the next round of classes or events.
SGA is looking for:
- Availability on weekends and some evenings.
- Enthusiasm about working with kids with a positive and engaging demeanor – someone who can maintain a fun energy.
- Basic knowledge or experience as a gymnast is great, but not required – we train people from all backgrounds.
- Effective communicator with children and adults.
- Desire to promote a positive learning environment for every child.
- Desire to grow within our organization.
Location: SGA Ballard
1415 NW 52nd St, Seattle, WA 98107