If you have great communication skills, enjoy working with kids and an interest in gymnastics, we want you to join our team! Break away from your desk job – SGA is a dynamic, fun environment with growth opportunity. As a Developmental/J.O. coach you will be an integral part of our mission to build strength, skill and character through gymnastics.
- Flexible schedules – part-time and full-time opportunities available.
- Competitive pay & comprehensive benefits package, which includes health insurance, Health Savings Account, 401(k), Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Paid Time Off, and more!
- Paid training – we offer customized training based on your learning style. We have a comprehensive training program that will set you up for success as an instructor.
- Multiple Seattle locations – Ballard, Columbia City, and Lake City.
- Free adult classes to focus on your own fitness.
- Energetic work environment with plenty of opportunities for career growth.
SGA Coaches are responsible for:
- Teaching progressive gymnastics classes in our Developmental/Junior Olympic Program. Many of our instructors work in multiple departments, teaching a wide range of ages and levels. SGA Team Coaches demonstrate a commitment to a safe, positive environment where our athletes can compete, develop, and flourish.
- Creating your own lesson plans and tracking skill development. We provide the resources, but you get to be creative in how you want to teach your gymnasts. We offer state of the art equipment – both on the gymnastics floor and technology- so you have the tools you need to be successful.
- Communicating with SGA parents about their child’s progression in your classes. Our coaches play a key role in their development as a child and as an athlete.
- Participating in our paid training opportunities. This can include our SGA University courses, USA Gymnastics clinics, sessions offered by our in-house SGA trainers, and more!
- Assist in light cleaning duties to keep our gyms fresh and ready for the next round of classes.
- Compliance with COVID-19 protocols, which includes additional screening and cleaning steps to maintain SGA’s safe and healthy environment.
SGA is looking for:
- Previous experience coaching developmental/Junior Olympic classes, or as a high level gymnast.
- USA Gymnastics Certifications – Safety Certification, USAG University for appropriate levels, USAG Code of Points.
- Ability to spot athletes safely and effectively.
- Effective communicator with children and adults.
- Enthusiastic about working with kids – previous experience is preferred.
- Desire to promote a positive learning environment for every child.