SGA Summer Camp NOW ENROLLING!
2020 SGA Summer Camp will adhere to all Safe Start Washington protocols and capacity limits. Our goal is to keep your kids active, engaged, and enriched, while keeping health and safety at always at the forefront. No gymnastics experience is needed to attend! Campers will enjoy exciting and skill-appropriate coach-led gymnastics on SGA’s sanitized Olympic gymnastics equipment, including trampolines and TumblTrack, plus safely-distanced games and crafts!
- Thoughtful individual stations at each event allow campers to build strength and skill through independent, but coach-guided progressive activities. Coaches will give verbal and visual corrections, and demonstrations from their own station. Of course, coaches will physically step in if there is unsafe activity or to make a catch.
- Creative games where social distancing is positioned as a fun twist / asset and added problem-solving challenge.
- Individual crafts (with no shared supplies) and other activities. Physically distanced, but socially together, snacks and lunch time.
We are only currently able to enroll for ages 6 to 10 – but we’ll be sure to update if and when we can open up camp for ages 3 to 5.
Campers will be in small 5:1 kid-to-coach ratios. Full-day campers (7.5 hours) will be grouped together as to limit contact with other campers as much as possible
AM session 8:30am – 12:00pm
PM session 12:30pm – 4:00pm
FULL day session 8:30am – 4:00pm
June 29 – July 3
July 6 – 10
July 13 – 17
July 20 – 24
July 27 – 31
August 3 – 7
August 10 – 14
August 17 – 21
SGA COLUMBIA CITY – 5034 37thAVE S #200, SEATTLE, 98118
Half-day (3.5 hours – A.M. or P.M. session) or full-day (7.5 hour) enrollments are available. However, in order to limit campers’ exposure to as few people as possible, we are only offering weekly sessions (no single day or drop-ins) for Summer 2020.
Weekly 1/2 Day: $342
WHAT TO BRING & WEAR
Cubbies / lockers have been removed during this time. All campers will need to bring a bag / backpack with their supplies that they will keep with them all day to access their necessary belongings.
- Half-day campers need to bring a snack* and water bottle
- Full day campers need to bring a water bottle, two snacks* and a lunch.
- *Vending will not be sold on site this year for safety
- Beach towel to be used during craft/snack/Lunch/and on the gym floor
- Cloth Mask with paper lunch bag to store it in when not being used
- Leotards, or comfortable shorts/pants and t-shirts. No jeans, please.
- Small Hand sanitizer
- Long hair should be tied back
- No jewelry
- During gymnastics time all kids will be barefoot (no shoes or socks)
Camp safety / protocols
- Wellness screening upon entrance for both staff and campers – includes:
- Temperature check
- Health questionnaire
- Reduced camp group ratio: 1 coach to 5 campers
- Full-day campers (7.5 hours) will be grouped together as to limit contact with other campers as much as possible
- Campers will wear masks entering and leaving the building, in common areas (lobby/bathroom) and while rotating to each event
- Coaches / SGA staff will be wearing masks at all times
- Defined pathway throughout gym to be followed when moving from event to event
- Stations at each event spread out 6 feet apart. There will be 5 stations for each event, so no camper will be waiting to participate.
- Dedicated COVID supervisor on site at all times to monitor distancing adherence, and for any symptoms from both campers and staff
- Foam pits will be covered (no submersion into the foam)
- Students will be sanitizing hands before each event
- Coaches will be washing their hands between events, and as needed (if they need to touch a child), as well as sanitizing
- Dedicated staff member on site at all times to perform cleaning
- Each piece of equipment used will be cleaned after each group’s rotation
- Bleach and water solution will be used for cleaning
- Registration is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Because enrollments are limited and we must adhere to strict capacity, we are only able to utilize online enrollments for half-day sessions. If you would like to enroll for a full-day session, please call our Member Services at 206-708-7497 to assist with your enrollment.
- No credits or refunds are given. In the event of injury or illness (including COVID-19 related occurrences), our Member Services Team will address on an individual basis.
- We accept Cash, Check, ACH (bring in your checking information: account number & routing number) or VISA/MC (with a 3.5% surcharge) as forms of payment.
LATE PICK-UP POLICY
At Seattle Gymnastics Academy we make every effort to ensure the safety of your child. This year, with the strict health & safety protocols that must be followed, it is extremely impetrative that kids are picked up on time to maintain flow in and out of the gym and adherence to capacity limits. We ask that you ideally arrive a few minutes early to be ready for pickup, in order to help alleviate any capacity overruns, and additional stress on our staff.
Late pickup will severely impact our ability to begin our next session or program, and therefore fees will be incurred for tardiness. We appreciate your understanding and attention to this critical policy.