Here at Seattle Gymnastics Academy we strive to provide the very best service to our customers. Here are some things to keep in mind.
For the comfort and safety of our gymnasts, instructors at SGA are certified in USA Gymnastics and Heads Up! Concussion Training, have regular national background checks and are trained in CPR and first aid.
Even with highly trained instructors, it is impossible to eliminate the danger in gymnastics. A gymnast could be seriously injured while participating.
Gymnastics is inherently dangerous because it is physically demanding and immovable equipment creates the risk of injury. While most injuries are minor, some can be extremely serious: severe pain, broken bones, damage to internal organs, and in extreme cases, total paralysis or death can result from landing improperly on the head, neck, or back.
If you have a specific safety concern, we are happy to discuss it. Please talk to one of our coaches or our Member Services Staff.
Registration & Payment Procedures:
To better serve our families, we offer Continuous Enrollment.
Continuous Enrollment means:
- Easy Registration. Once registered, your child remains enrolled in classes until you wish to drop.
- No hassle transfers. Currently enrolled students may move to a different class or day/time, as space is available.
- Automatic payments. Smaller, manageable monthly payments.
- Lifetime registration fee. Families only pay a one-time registration fee of $55.
- No surprises. The monthly tuition is based on an annual average so your automatic payments can stay the same each month.
- No worries. Can’t make it to class? We offer Gym Time and Indoor Playground for currently enrolled students, at no additional charge.
- Progressive gymnastics. Your child’s progress will be tracked by their instructor throughout the year. When your child accomplishes the proper skills, your child’s instructor will notify the front desk and we will work directly with you to schedule your child’s new class.
We offer automatic monthly billing! Automatic payments are processed on the 20th of the month for the next month’s tuition. (Example: December classes are billed November 20th.)
Please note: We cannot hold spots without payment.
SGA accepts the following forms of payment:
– Provide your bank account number and give consent for automatic monthly payments.
– Provide your credit/debit card information and give consent for automatic monthly payments. We accept Visa and MasterCard and there is a 3.5% surcharge.
Cash and Check
– Cash and check payments are accepted and must be received by the 19thof each month. However, you are still required to have either a checking account or debit/credit card on file, and give consent for automatic monthly payments. Any balance due on the account on the 20th of each month will be processed on your checking account or your debit/credit card on file.
Tuition & Rates:
SGA will charge a $25 late fee for all payments made after the 25th of the month. If payments are not processed by the 1st of the next month, class spots will be offered to others.
For Team and The Seattle Preschool, if payments are not processed by the 20th of the next month, class spots will be offered to others.
If for any reason you decide to discontinue a class, simply fill out a Drop Request Form (pdf below) and return it to the front desk by the 1st of the final month you wish to participate in class. If the drop form is returned after the 1st of the month, the earliest drop date will be for the last day of the following month.
Example: If you do not wish to attend classes in June, the drop form needs to be submitted no later than May 1. In this case, your final class will be May 31. If the drop form is submitted May 2 or later, your final class will be June 30.
Please note: All drop requests will be for the last day of the month and verbal drop requests are not accepted.
Credits & Refunds:
SGA does not offer credits or refunds. Your tuition pays for a class spot, regardless of attendance. Tuition will not be prorated for absences or scheduled SGA closures.
All classes are subject to change and close without notice. Instructors are subject to change without notice. No credits or refunds will be issued for instructor changes.
As a courtesy to our families, we will make exceptions for doctor-certified injuries or long-term illnesses.
To receive a refund for days missed because of long-term illness or injury:
o Present the front desk with a note from a doctor stating the injury or illness
o Date of the injury or illness
o Doctor’s Signature
The student will be dropped from the activity, and you will be issued a credit or refund from the date we receive the note. If we are presented with a doctor’s note after the activity has passed, we cannot issue credits or refunds.
However, if you wish to hold a spot in a specific gymnastics class, no credits or refunds can be given even in the case of injuries or illness.
We understand that occasionally individuals will miss class and in these instances we offer Indoor Playground and Gym Time to our currently enrolled students, at no additional charge. We encourage all students to stay enrolled and attend Gym Time or Indoor Playground in the case of missed classes to continue progress in their gymnastics career.
Gym time is a coach led, station oriented hour for currently enrolled students 6+ years.
Indoor Playground is a fun hour in the gym for students 5 and under; where the child gets to explore all our gymnastics equipment with their parents or guardians there to supervise.
The Member Services Staff can answer any questions you have about missed classes.
If you arrive less than five minutes late, please join right in! Students more than five minutes late may also join in, but will need to complete their warm-up and stretching during the first event. A proper warm-up is required to get the body ready for heavy exercise so for safety reasons; it is mandatory.
Allergies & Medical Conditions:
We happily accept any student regardless of allergies or medical conditions. Please notify the Member Services Staff of your child’s allergy or medical condition upon enrollment so SGA can provide the best support possible.
Photograph & Video Release:
SGA will occasionally have photographers taking photos and videos for promotion, information, demonstrations, education and fundraising presentations.
Photographic, audio or video recordings may be used for the following purposes:
- Promotional presentations
- Informational demonstrations
- Educational demonstrations
- Fundraising presentations
SGA must have an electronic Student Waiver and Liability Release form completed for each child who goes out on the gym floor. A parent or legal guardian must complete this release prior to the child’s first participation in activities at SGA.
You may complete this information online before the first class, or you can stop by the front desk, and our Member Services Staff will be happy to walk you through it.
Snow & Inclement Weather:
We always plan to teach and have never closed because of snow or inclement weather.