Now Live: SGA Video on Demand!
Friends! We were so excited to announce our Virtual Live Classes, but wait – there’s more! We’re also launching SGA Video on Demand, a paid subscription video library of robust lesson plans, and extended length videos, that you can do at your convenience from the comfort of home! Want a preview? CLICK HERE!
Everyone! We’ll be creating videos for preschool gymnasts, recreational girls and boys of all levels, Devo and teenage gymnasts!
- $19.99 per month
- Six videos per week (24 per month, depending how the Mondays fall)
- Within each 6-video weekly batch, we will provide videos that will be geared towards different gymnast groups, including girl’s recreational, preschool, boy’s gymnastics, teenage / adult strength & conditioning, JO Devo, and broadly accessible videos for many different ages and skill levels within the rec program. If we find high customer engagement in certain categories, we’ll continue to adjust the mix!
- Videos will be taught by coaches from all three SGA locations (you’ll love them all!).
- To get us started, you’ll find more than six videos in the library, almost all are new, and we’ve included a couple of our best previous videos you may have missed
CLICK HERE TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR VIMEO VIDEO ON DEMAND ACCOUNT, then, find a safe place in your home or yard to get #SGAstrong!
New videos uploaded every Monday morning. Work on videos on your own time and convenience. All videos will continue to stay in the library to be revisited anytime!
The Video on Demand program allows our coaches to create longer lessons and more robust content, to help keep our kids active and engaged at home. We are monetizing this set of videos to create another stream of revenue to help keep us running – paying our staff and essential bills – until we can safely return to the gym. We hope this will allow another avenue for those who are able, but cannot join live classes, to help support SGA at a lower cost, while receiving something of value in return.
We thank you so much for your support – and please know, our paid video library will not be replacing the free content on our social channels. We are 100% committed to continuing to provide that content, for anyone in our community to access. Our number one goal at SGA is to instill strength, skill and confidence in our kids – and we know some are facing difficult times right now and won’t have access to paid options. Our intent with our paid videos to extrapolate on some of the activities we provide for free into longer lengths, with more in-depth coaching, while continuing to publish shorter, fun (and sometimes funny) content for free.
***IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ANYONE WHO HAS ENROLLED IN LIVE CLASSES: access to the Video on Demand library is included with your class enrollment, for as long as you are enrolled! You will be emailed a code to access the library (code will be updated periodically).
**ALL users, please note; as we are using Vimeo as the service provider for these videos, our SGA Member Service Team does not have any direct oversight or governance over payments, refunds, etc. If you have a problem arise, we can work to help as much as possible, but ultimately customers may need to work directly with Vimeo to resolve. Thanks for understanding.
Guidelines for a Successful and Safe SGA Video on Demand Experience
- Make sure you are in a healthy physical state to be able to complete the activities
- You have a safe space to practice in – free from any obstacles
- You should have adult supervision at all times while practicing
- You should wear appropriate attire to be able to safely participate – soft stretchy clothing that is not loose or baggy
Preparation is Key
- Warming up your body is imperative prior to doing any skills/workout. If the video you are watching does not have a warm-up, you should do one first. We recommend five minutes of light cardio to get your heart rate up and then some basic stretching.
- We have a good mix of videos. Make sure to select one that is appropriate for your skill level. Do not attempt any skill at home that you have not done safely in the gym without coach assistance.
Listen to your Body
- If something doesn’t feel right, don’t do it.
- Do not over exert yourself. If you need to take a break, do so.
- You can modify the number of repetitions or substitute the specific skill for something that you can do.
Quality is More Important than Quantity
- If you rush through the exercises or skills without focusing on form, you could get hurt. You will also most definitely not be working the proper muscle groups and most likely won’t see the same benefits or skill progression.
- Practice makes permanent. We want to teach our muscles how to do it correctly. This will help you form the correct habits and be able to progress safely.
***Disclaimer: Seattle Gymnastics Academy cannot assume liability for unknown home and health conditions and cannot be held responsible for any injury from using these workout videos. By watching / completing these videos, users assume any risks.