In addition to the below, SGA is required to follow the King County vaccination / testing mandate which was instated on Oct 25. Please click here for more information
At Seattle Gymnastics Academy, safety is our top priority. We care about those we serve: our staff, our customers and our community. We remain committed to providing a clean, safe and healthy environment for our gymnasts and their families.
Help us keep SGA safe by adhering to our required protocols for anyone entering the facility (staff, gymnasts, and caregivers):
* Masks must be worn by everyone 2-and-over at all times, regardless of vaccination status, except when directed by SGA staff in accordance with safety guidelines. Read the full Department of Health Mask Guideline, here. We encourage, but will at this time will not require, the use of KN95 or KF94 mask (preferred), or a disposable surgical mask alone, or under a cloth mask. These types of masks are required for SGA staff, and provided to them. You can read the CDC mask guidance here. If a gymnast does not have a properly fitted mask, SGA will provide a disposable mask. If a gymnast cannot keep their mask on with coach support alone, we will reach out to you as the parent about how best to support your gymnast with mask fit/compliance.
* All participants and anyone entering the gym will undergo a quick health screening. This consists of a few verbal questions and a temperature scan to make sure everyone is healthy.
* Keeping appropriate distance. We continue to structure classes using stations to allow for appropriate distance between participants and limit wait times.
* Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipe stations are conveniently located throughout our facility.
SGA will help keep our community safe by:
* Enhanced cleaning and sanitization of high-touch surfaces are completed by SGA staff throughout the day to maintain cleanliness of all community areas and equipment.
* Our SGA staff is vaccinated. We will continue to mask up (as noted above), but you can rest assured that our staff is committed to safe in-person interactions with all our gymnasts.
* Increased ventilation throughout the gym to allow for outside air circulation. Garage doors and windows will be open as much as possible and exhaust fans will be used to keep air moving inside the facility.
* Limiting capacity and congestion in lobby areas by continuing to have parents watch their child’s class on our secure online platform,WatchMeGrow, and/or through the open garage doors.
* Exposure: SGA uses video review and attendance records to determine exposure. Exposure is still defined as coming within 6-feet with an infected individual for a total of 15-minutes in a 24-hour period. In cases of exposure, we follow guidance from the King County Department of Health and the CDC. We also continue to closely follow the current protocols set forth by the Seattle Public Schools. You can read the CDC quarantine guidance for K-12 schools, here.