Recreational Coach – Ballard
At Seattle Gymnastics Academy, we operate programs under three types of categories: Play, Learn and Compete. Our Recreational classes, under the Learn umbrella, are at the very heart of what we do – teaching strength, skill and character through gymnastics.
As a Recreational Coach, you will help kids of all ages, genders and abilities discover their own strength and confidence. Perhaps you were a gymnast at one point yourself, maybe you just like to watch it in the Olympics, or maybe, you are new the sport but enjoy teaching and being a positive figure in kid’s lives. Whatever your background or existing experience is, we have a well-established and supportive training program to set you up for success – in fact some of our most successful coaches were new to gymnastics when they started their SGA career.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is looking to work in a fun and dynamic environment. People looking to break away from a desk job, hospitality or retail industry workers looking for more fulfillment and job stability, college students, stay-at-home parents or caregivers looking for meaningful part-time opportunities, have all been great fits at our organization – but what they have in common is a sense of responsibility, willingness to learn, and unwavering commitment to building a safe, positive environment for our kids.
Full-time and part-time opportunities are available.
- A priority for a work/life balance. We have closures and breaks for most holidays and / or school breaks, so that both our gymnasts and staff are able to spend time with family and friends and relax.
- Competitive pay & comprehensive benefits package, which includes health insurance, Health Savings Account, 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Paid Time Off, Paid Family Leave and more!
- Customized training based on your learning style. We have a comprehensive training program that will set you up for success as an instructor.
- Multiple locations across Greater Seattle – Ballard, Burien, Columbia City, and Lake City.
- Free adult classes to focus on your own fitness.
- Discounts for class tuition and academic preschool enrollment for immediate family members.
- Energetic work environment with plenty of opportunities for career growth.
- Teaching progressive gymnastics classes in one of our many departments – Preschool, Recreational, Trampoline & Tumbling, and more! Many of our instructors work in multiple departments, teaching a wide range of ages and levels, though we will work with you to determine your interests and strengths to place you on classes that are the best fit.
- Creating your own lesson plans that are purposeful in teaching progressive gymnastics, and in alignment with the skill chart per level. We provide abundant resources and fully supported, continuous training, but you get to be creative in how you want to teach your gymnasts. We offer state of the art equipment – both on the gymnastics floor and technology- so you have the tools you need to be successful.
- A consistency in attendance of their class schedules (once set). We work with coaches to ensure classes are on days and times that are compatible with personal schedules, and in return we ask that coaches honor the commitments to their gymnasts to the best of their ability.
- Tracking skill development and communicating with SGA parents about their child’s progression in your classes. This includes both face-to-face chats with parents, as well as consistent skill chart updating in our online platform that parents can access. Our coaches play a key role in development as a child and as an athlete.
- Participating in our paid training opportunities. This can include our SGA University courses, USA Gymnastics clinics, sessions offered by our in-house SGA trainers, and more!
- Assist in light cleaning duties to keep our gyms fresh and ready for the next round of classes.
- A desire to promote a positive learning environment for every child.
- Someone who is responsible, reliable, consistent, and will lead by example for their peers and their gymnasts.
- Basic knowledge or experience in gymnastics is great, but we train people from all backgrounds.
- Enthusiasm about working with kids with a safe, positive and engaging demeanor.
- Desire to work as part of an energetic team that is unified in our mission, vision, and values as a company.
- Experience working with a gym or kid-friendly environment is preferred but not required.
- Experience working in a high-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Effective communicator with children and adults.
- Must be comfortable with various noise levels; depending on time of day, the facility can be active.
- The ability to walk on uneven surfaces is necessary on the gymnastics floor.
- Desire to grow within our organization.
Location: SGA Ballard
1415 NW 52nd St, Seattle, WA 98107