Recreational classes are a great foundation for building physical and mental strength, grit and confidence.
Our structured classes focus on progression – mastering skills in achievable pieces, and building upon them to create bigger ones. Gymnasts are promoted to the next level when they have achieved a consistent skillset, tracked by our coaches and shared in progress reports for families to celebrate!
View our recreational class schedule at all locations or connect with us to help find one!
Gymnastics is a dynamic sport that not only builds physical strength, flexibility, balance and coordination, but mental skills like perseverance, confidence, celebrating success and handling failure with grace. SGA is founded upon providing kids of all abilities with a supportive, positive environment to learn and explore gymnastics, for as far as they’d like to take it!
Boys and girls ages 5-17 years
Ready to try us out?
Schedule a risk-free trial in any available class and experience the benefits of progressive gymnastics first-hand!
Time Commitment & Cost
Most Recreational gymnasts spend between 1-2 hours per week in the gym, or more if they are enrolled in additional classes, or are at a higher level. Class enrollment includes SGA Membership with monthly pricing pricing based on the number of weekly hours a student spends in the gym.
Girls & Boys Artistic Gymnastics Classes
This program is broken into classes based on age and skill progression:
- Learn Gymnastics 1: Participants ages 5-12Y who meet the minimum age requirement. Perfect for beginners! No prior gymnastics experience required.
- Learn Gymnastics 2: Participants ages 5-12Y who have completed Learn Gymnastics 1 or receive instructor permission. Must have prior gymnastics experience and meet the required skill prerequisites to enroll. A class password is required for online registration.
- Learn Gymnastics 3+: Participants ages 5-12Y who have completed Learn Gymnastics 2+ or receive instructor permission. Must have prior gymnastics experience and meet the required skill prerequisites to enroll. A class password is required for online registration.
- Learn Gymnastics Teens 1: Participants ages 13-17Y who meet the minimum age requirement. Perfect for beginners! No prior gymnastics experience required.
- Learn Gymnastics Teens 2: Participants ages 13-17Y who have completed Learn Gymnastics Teens 1 or receive instructor permission. Must have prior gymnastics experience and meet the required skill prerequisites to enroll. A class password is required for online registration.
Recreational Skills Clinics
Our recreational skills clinics are a great way for enrolled gymnasts to get a little extra gym time or for new students to give us try! No experience is necessary, and you do not need to be enrolled in continuous classes at SGA to enroll for these one-time events.
In each 1-hour, 1.5-hour or 2-hour session, gymnasts will develop their gymnastics abilities on a specific event or skill, learn new tips and tricks, and build confidence in a small group setting.
Space is limited so check out our Recreational Skills Clinics and register early to reserve your spot!
Our Recreational classes are organized according to Olympic men’s and women’s events, but SGA welcomes all genders in any of our classes.
Our girls classes introduce the four events of balance beam, uneven bars, vault and floor exercise. Boys classes introduce the six events of pommel horse, parallel bars, high bar, vault, rings and floor exercise.
All classes also spend time on the trampolines, and other apparatus for cross-training and conditioning purposes.
Looking for something co-ed, or want to focus on trampoline and tumbling?
Check out our Trampoline & Tumbling classes.
My step daughter attended gym classes at SGA Ballard and Lake City for many years. The teachers were truly mentors for her and helped her tremendously in all aspects of her life. My step daughter gained confidence in herself and the work ethic she learned at SGA has translated into many areas of her life.